At our bank offices trust is the basis of each customer relationship, many of which span generations. You have chosen to do business with Community BancShares, Inc. and we are obligated to honor that relationship with great care, beginning with the information you have chosen to share with us. We believe that your privacy should not be compromised. At the same time, we want to offer you the financial products and services you need to accomplish your financial goals. We believe we can do both through the privacy statement outlined below.
1. We believe the confidentially and protection of customer information is one of our fundamental responsibilities. Thus, the safekeeping of customer information is a priority for us and our employees.
2. Information about consumers is accumulated from a variety of sources. Some information is provided directly by customers themselves. Other data is developed as a function of providing a product or service to a customer. Still other information is obtained from outside sources. We will limit the use and collection of information about our customers to that which is necessary to administer our business, provide superior service, and offer opportunities that we think will be of interest to customers. This means that we will use information to help us identify and mitigate potential risks or loss to you or the bank. We will use information to help identify additional products or services which we believe customers might want to know about. We will use this information only in accordance with the principles set out in this statement. We will retain this information according to a standard retention schedule prescribed by law.
3. We continually strive to maintain complete and accurate information about you and your accounts. Should you ever believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us. We will investigate your concerns and correct any inaccuracies.
4. Employee access to personally identifiable customer information is limited to those with a business reason to know such information. Employees are educated on the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of customer information and on these Privacy Principles. Because of the importance of these issues, all employees are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of customer information. Employees who violate these Privacy Principles will be subject to disciplinary measures.
5. We are committed to the security of your financial and personal information. All of our operational and data processing systems are in a secure environment that protects your account information from being accessed by third parties. We maintain and grant access to customer information only in accordance with our internal security standards.
6. We do not reveal specific information about your accounts or other personally identifiable data to parties outside our affiliated banks and companies for their independent use unless: a) you request or authorize it; b) the information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you; c) the information is provided to a reputable credit bureau or similar information reporting agency; or d) the disclosure otherwise is lawfully permitted or required. We do not provide account or personal information to other companies for the purposes of independent telemarketing or direct mail marketing of any non-financial products or services of those companies.
7. When the Bank conducts business with third parties, it requires its vendors and suppliers to maintain similar standards of conduct regarding the privacy of personally identifiable customer information provided to them.
8. Our banks recognize and respect the privacy expectations of our customers. We want our customers to understand our commitment to privacy in our use of customer information. As a result of our commitment, we have developed these Privacy Principles which are made readily available to our customers. Customers who have questions about the privacy of their customer information may call, e-mail, or stop in any office.
Community BancShares, Inc. Website Privacy Statement
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of personally-identifying information that may be submitted to us when you visit our website. The information we receive depends on what you do when you visit our site. This is how we handle the information we learn about you from your visit to our website.
If you visit our site to read or download information on our web pages such as checking and savings account information:
- We use the information we maintain to measure the number of visitors to the different pages and sections of our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors.
If you identify yourself by sending an e-mail or filling out forms such as contact forms and guest registers:
- You may be asked for personally-identifying information in order to process your e-mail or form. This information may be retained by us for processing and to facilitate decisions. Information you submit to us is treated no differently than any information you might provide in a written format such as requesting a brochure or writing us a letter.
We Want To Be Very Clear
We protect and safeguard the privacy of users of our on-line services, just as we do throughout the rest of our business. We will use personal information to identify you, to communicate with you, and to help us answer your questions.
We will NOT sell personally-identifying information to a third party for the purpose of solicitation or provide personal information to a third party for its own use. Sometimes we send our customers information about our products and services. If you do not wish to receive this information, or if you believe that your personal information is incorrect, please contact us. We will investigate the situation and, if appropriate, update our records.
If you have questions that are not answered in this section please contact us.
Click here to view Consumer Information About Identity Theft.
CBI Board Adopted: March 2001
VCNB Board Adopted: April 17, 2001